Brick Laboratories (Unani), a phytopharmaceuticals equipped with state of the art manufacturing unit, in compliance with GMP; implementing all modern advancements, marketing its products ethically which means prescription sale only. Brick Laboratories has recently been issued “Form 6” and enlisted as “manufacturer” with the Drug Regulatory Authority of Pakistan, in its way to the registration with the Ministry of Health, Pakistan.
Brick Laboratories (Unani) was founded in 1978, by her founder Dr. Shuja Ullah, Who did his graduation in Pharmacy (B.Pharm.) in 1965 form one of the leading University of Pakistan. He worked for many reputable pharmaceuticals in the department of marketing & sales as well as in production. He felt after a wide experience of pharmaceutical marketing the need of phytopharmaceuticals (herbal drugs) for safe, effective & economical treatment of the sick humanity. He started manufacturing drugs from well documented, researched and clinically trialed medicinal herbs, which was for the first time in Pakistan, marketed strictly on ethical principal i.e. prescription sale only. It was a really difficult task to convince a qualified physician to prescribe a herbal drug But by the grace of Allah, all the technical material was presented in such a scientific way that a positive response was observed.
Developmental evolution of the events at Brick laboratories was as follows…
- Vigtab forte tablets was the first product manufactured in 1978, and presented for sale in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
- Colic syrup & drops was the second product manufactured in 1980.
- Femina syrup was launched in 1983.
- Pepcer syrup & tablets were marketed in 1985.
- Balochistan was covered in 1986.
- Garlicon (enteric coated) tablets come in existence in 1990.
- Punjab was comprehensively marketed in 1990.
- Belrina tablets were launched in 2002.
- Y-Lin syrup was presented for sale in 2003.
- Imunol syrup was developed in 2006.
- Brick Laboratories was registered with Ministry of Health, Afghanistan in 2010.
- Heptolic Capsules were launched in 2011.
- Galcistic Capsules were marketed in 2014.
Today almost all of the prescribers are familiar and prescribing the phytopharmaceuticals of Brick Laboratories all over the Pakistan. Maximum prescribed, is the “Brick colic syrup & drops”, gaining maximum sales among the prescribed antispasmodic preparation.
Alhamdulillah our drug designing department is continuously striving for the positive conclusion of our pipeline products, which are at different stages of the development.
Major steps in drug designing are as follows….
- Literature search
- Selection of active ingredients
- Safety considerations
- Efficacy evaluation
- Drug interactions
- Economical presentation
- Competitive market study
- Pilot plant production
- Clinical evaluation
- Presentation (packing & packaging)
- Marketing strategies
- Full scale production
As it is mentioned above SAFETY is the utmost priority. Each and every formulation which has been marketed or under trials comprises of the medicinal herbs estimated, tested, trialed, and approved for the consumption
of human beings with minimum undesirable effects and maximum beneficial therapeutic activity.
It is also an important consideration to present the product witch is more cost effective and easily approachable, to achieve this target we adopt new, energetic and ethical promotional techniques as well as training sessions of the sales & marketing staff on new product and existing product updates. All our marketing managers are provided with reference manuals (keeps updated references on all the products), to be well versed and technically sound in their field.
We have developed recently our QC department which is under development and we have planned to equip it with the following hi-tech instruments in near future
- UV & IR Spectrophotometers
- Atomic absorption
- and other related instruments
We are already established our QC labs as under…
- Chemistry Lab
- pH meter
- Total Ash Apparatus (Muffle Furnace)
- Titration kit
- Magnetic Hot plate stirrer
- Digital Thermometer
- Boiling point determination Appratus
- Melting point determination Apparatus
- Tablet dissolution apparatus
- Tablet Disintegration apparatus
- Tablet hardness tester
- Vacuum pump with desiccator
- Thickness testers
- Electrical weighing balances
- Precision weighing balance
- Lab ware
- Pharmacognosy Lab
- Microscope Binocular
- Vacuum Filtration assembly
- TLC Apparatus with accessories
- Centrifuge Machine
- Drying Oven
- Moisture Analyzer
- Lab ware
- Microbiology Lab
- Laminar Flow Cabinet
- Syntex Colony Counter
- Lab ware
We are in technical collaboration with MBC (Medicinal Botanical Center) PCSIR Laboratories Complex, Peshawar, an ISO 17025 certified organization owned by Govt. of Pakistan to outsource the QC tests which are not currently available with us.
Company Address: 5-A Ahbab Colony, 12th Km Multan Road Lahore
Phone: 042-35432056, 042-35420352
Scope: Manufacturer of Herbal Medicine
Main Departments: Purchase, Stores, Production, Quality, Human Resource, Administrations, Marketing and Sales, Maintenance
Brick Laboratories has successfully acquired ISO 9001, HACCP & 14001 certifications in 2005, 2011 and 2012.